Computer vision syndrome is a broad term associated with any eye problem that results from prolonged use of a laptop or monitor. In addition to other inconveniences mentioned above, prolonged use of a laptop or screen can also lead to neck and shoulder pain, and blurry and dry eyes.
It is important to note the effects that prolonged use of screens can have on the human body, especially the eyes.
- Attitude: If your screen is not at eye level, there is a high chance that you are looking up or down at the screen. Sitting in this unhealthy position for long periods of time can cause your neck and shoulders to buckle.
- Restricts eye activities: Eyes make up for focusing and refocusing things, but when the screen is a constant distance the eyes will not focus or refocus and will be denied their normal function.
- Less blinking in front of the screen: When you stand in front of a screen, you tend to blink less. Blinking your eyes keeps them hydrated and nourished, but if you don’t blink your eyes often, they can soon dry out.
- Permanent glare: Many of us work in dark areas with high screen brightness, which over time leads to painful eye strain.
To avoid all of these eye diseases, you need to take care of your eyes and keep them hydrated and nutritional. Read this guide to keep your eyes healthy.
You have successfully cast your vote
Sign in to see the result
Step 1: Eat Well and Consider Diet Supplements
It is important to have healthy food in order to have healthy eyes. You can also consider taking omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, and vitamin C supplements. These nutrients help fight age-related eye problems like muscle degeneration and cataracts.
You can also consider increasing the amount of leafy green vegetables like spinach to improve your eye health. You can also opt for omega-3 fatty acid supplement tablets.
This product is beneficial for the heart, eyes, and even the immune system. The tablets contain omega-3 acid, which is good for the kidneys, brain and liver. This is fortified with flaxseed oil, which controls cholesterol levels, regulates blood pressure and keeps joint pain away. These tablets are completely vegetarian and can be taken early in the morning with a glass of warm water.
Get Zinc Supplements Here:
Get Vitamin C Supplements Here:
Read more about how to build muscle strength at home:
Step 2: keep your specs clean
Everyone who wears glasses knows how often the glasses tend to get dirty, smudged or have fingerprints on them. In general, we clean our glasses with running water and then wipe them with the next available soft cloth. This entire exercise leads to scratches on the lens. It is important to clean your glasses and lens with a special cleaning spray and cloth.
This product comes with 200 pre-moistened cleaning wipes that can be used to clean the specifications. Zeiss cloths can also be used to clean other screens such as your camera lenses. The wipes are made from an ammonia-free formula that cleans without leaving streaks or stains. Zeiss cloths are very easy to use on the go.
Step 3: reduce screen glare
Glare is the reflection of the screen that makes it difficult for you to see the screen in sunlight. If you feel uncomfortable, you can buy an anti-glare screen for your laptop or computer screen.
This anti-glare screen was specially developed for the MacBook Air. However, you can choose a different anti-glare screen depending on the screen size of your laptop and the manufacturer. This product blocks the blue light coming from the back of the screen of a laptop or PC. It also protects the eyes from drying out and reduces eye strain when working for hours.
Buy more anti-glare screens here:
Step 4: keep the screen at eye level
Posture problems can arise if the screen is not at eye level. Posture problems can often arise while working on a computer or even going through a cell phone or tablet. It is important to keep the laptop at eye level to maintain correct posture.
This is a versatile product and can be used on both laptops and tablets. The stand can be used for all laptops regardless of their size. As the product lifts up the laptop, it allows the harmful hot air from the back of the laptop to pass easily. The strong stand is made of aluminum and has rubber handles. It prevents the laptop from falling and scratching. It can be adjusted to different heights for neck and shoulder pain relief.
Order laptop tables here:
Step 5: keep eyes in good condition
It is important to use eye drops as they will moisturize and nourish the eyes well. If you wear glasses regularly, you often experience pain and discomfort in your eyes after spending too much time on the laptop. Eye drops can also help you get rid of this condition.
Isotin plus eye drops is an Ayurvedic eye drop that has no side effects. It can be used all day as needed. This product keeps the eyes hydrated and well nourished. It contains an Ayurvedic formula that is gentle on the eyes and keeps them in good condition.
Here are some ways to keep your laptop in top condition:
What else can you do
- Follow a 20/20/20 rule: This rule states that every 20 minutes of screen time, the user must look at something 6 meters away for 20 seconds. This would allow your eyes to refocus.
- Visit an ophthalmologist regularly: It is important to have regular eye exams to keep you in the best possible condition. Get regular eye exams.
- Try to limit the screen usage
Learn more about how to moisturize the skin:
Other frequently asked questions
- Can you get 6/6 vision back?
Once you have lost perfect eyesight, it is impossible to get 6/6 eyesight. However, you can improve your eyesight by following a healthy eye routine.
- Which fruits and vegetables are good for the eyes?
Kiwis, spinach, broccoli, green leafy vegetables, green peppers, oranges, grapes, and guava are best for healthy eyes.
- How can I strengthen my eyes?
Following eye exercises and eating a healthy diet are the basics. You can try eye specific exercises as mentioned on the internet.
DISCLAIMER: The Times of India journalists were not involved in the preparation of this article.